[Mdabs] FW: [nabs-l] New NABS Board

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 22:20:49 UTC 2012

FYI:

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of nabs.president at gmail.com
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 4:21 PM
To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org; nabs-presidents at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nabs-l] New NABS Board

Good afternoon,

Thank you to the many of you on this list who attend the NABS annual meeting
last Sunday. It was a successful meeting, and we are all grateful for your
being a part of it!

I wanted to write to inform you all that we have elected two new members to
the NABS board for 2012 - 2014. Congratulations to Gabe Cazares of Texas and
Justin Salisbury of Connecticut for being elected to the positions of Board
Member 2 and Board Member 4, respectively. We all look forward to working
with Gabe and Justin, as well as all of you, over the coming two years.

We also thank Domonique Lawless and Meghan Whalen for their service on the
board over the last term. They will be missed.

At this year's meeting Sean Whalen, Darian Smith and Cindy Bennett were
reelected to the positions of President, Second Vice President and
Secretary.

The full list of NABS board members is as follows:

President - Sean Whalen, Virginia

Vice President - Karen Anderson, Nebraska

Second Vice President - Darian Smith, California

Treasurer - Shelby Ball, Georgia

Secretary - Cindy Bennett, Washington

Board Member 1 - Candice Chapman, Mississippi

Board Member 2 - Gabe Cazares, Texas

Board Member 3 - Briley Pollard, Virginia

Board Member 4 - Justin Salisbury, Connecticut/North Carolina

Contact info for our new board members, as well as realigned regional
liaisons, will be listed on our website in the coming days, so look for an
email about that.

Also, stay tuned to your inboxes for opportunities to join NABS in carrying
out the work we do on behalf of blind students!

Please do not hesitate to contact me, or any member of the board, with
questions, comments, concerns or suggestions.

Many thanks,

Sean

Sean Whalen

President, National Association of Blind Students

(608) 332-4147

Nabs.president at gmail.com

www.nabslink.org