[Mdabs] FW: [nabs-l] student consultants needed

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:33:31 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Loew, Ruth
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 5:14 PM
To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nabs-l] student conultants needed

As many of you know, ETS is updating the self-voicing GRE General Test for
blind and low-vision test takers.  We need some students or recent college
grads who are blind or have low vision to come to the ETS campus in
Princeton, NJ for a full day, preferably in early June, to try out and give
feedback on the practice materials for the new version.  These individuals
should be people who have not previously tried out or taken the self-voicing
test.  They should be either college juniors/seniors or recent college
graduates who are in, applying for, or at least considering grad school, and
they should be comfortable using screen readers and other text-to-speech
applications.

Since math content is included, as well as verbal, we need participants who
are very familiar with mathematics, at least to the Algebra II level, and
comfortable with Geometry. This familiarity must be current (that is, the
person can't be "rusty").  We'd like, if at all possible, to find people who
are within a one-day round trip of Princeton - the
NYC/NJ/Philadelphia/Delaware area.  We'll pay for transportation, and
participants will receive payment.

If you're interested, please contact me off-list:
RLoew at ets.org<mailto:RLoew at ets.org>.  Thanks!

I'll be at Convention, as usual, and hope to meet more of you there.

Ruth C. Loew, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Office of Disability Policy, ETS
phone: 609-683-2984