[Mdabs] Sad News

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Sat Jan 5 23:34:17 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,
I am very sad to report that the president of our Delmarva Chapter, Ray Jackson, passed away in his sleep last night around 11:30 PM. Ray had been suffering with a variety of health problems for a long time, but had been seriously ill this fall. Ray's sister said that his passing was very peaceful, and it is a comfort to know that he is no longer suffering. Yet, Ray's energy, cheerful personality, and Federation leadership will most definitely be missed. Ray was always willing to do the things that needed to be done. He looked for opportunities to educate the community about the Delmarva Chapter whenever he could, and he was always concerned that he just wasn't doing enough to get the message of the Federation to the people who need it most.
I hope you will remember Ray, his sister, Janet, and Ray's family in your prayers. I will post information about Ray's funeral as soon as it becomes available. I will certainly be attending, so if anyone from the Baltimore area would also like to attend, please let me know and I will see what I can do to work out transportation.
May Ray Jackson rest in peace.
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone