[Mdabs] Social Media and Streaming at NFBMD Convention

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 02:16:14 UTC 2013

Dear Friends:

I have been asked by the President of the NFB of Maryland to handle social
media for the affiliate during our upcoming state convention in Ocean City.
In this capacity I am writing to provide all the pertinent information
regarding our online presence during the convention. If you will not be able
to join us in person, please read the following carefully, as the
information in this email will give you access to the excitement of the 2013
NFB of Maryland convention.

As we have done in the past, we will stream portions of the convention on
the affiliate's Web site. To access this stream, go to http://www.nfbmd.org.
During the convention, you will see links which lead to the stream in a
variety of formats. Click on the link corresponding with your media player
of choice (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, iTunes, etc,) and the stream will
load. The schedule of streamed events is as follows (all times are EasternJ

Friday, November 8

4:00-5:00 PM: NFBMD Board of Directors meeting

Saturday, November 9

9:00 AM-12:00 PM: General Session

2:00-5:00 PM: General Session

7:00-10:00 PM: 47th Annual Banquet

Sunday, November 10

9:00 AM-12:00 PM: General Session

In addition to our stream, we will interact with our listeners through email
and Twitter. Throughout the convention sessions and the banquet, our Twitter
team will tweet live updates from Ocean City so our members and friends who
cannot attend in person can stay apprised of all the excitement. We would
also love to hear from you. If you have a question or comment for a speaker,
a problem with the stream, or if you just want to let us know you are
listening, please mention @NFBMD in a tweet and we will receive it. We will
periodically check Twitter throughout the general sessions and give
"shout-outs" to the listeners of the stream. So, if you have Twitter, make
sure to stay tuned to @NFBMD for convention news as it happens.

Don't have Twitter? No problem. You can still keep in touch with us and ask
any questions you might have. If you would like to get in contact during one
of the sessions, just email nfbmaryland at gmail.com. We will read questions
and give shout-outs from the email as well. So, even if you will not be able
to join us in person, catch the excitement on our Web site and via Twitter
and email. If you have any questions about social media during convention,
please write to me at dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com or call me at (443) 547-2409.
To those of you who are attending, see you in Ocean City! To those of you
who will not be joining us, see you on the Internet!

Sincerely yours,

Chris Nusbaum