[Mdabs] MDABS Needs your Help at Convention

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 18:06:07 UTC 2014

Hey MDABSsters,

Convention. Convention. We love our convention. It's only a week away!

OK, that might have been a very cheesy reference to a song which has now become a dreaded cliche, but the contageous excitement remains for our 48th annual state convention, to which we will all be headed this time next Friday! This year's agenda already features many not-to-be-missed  items befitting the kickoff to our 75th year, and, as always, we in the Maryland Association of Blind Students will be contributing our energy and enthusiasm to this year's celebration. Your MDABS Board has been hard at work planning a wide variety of student activities and agenda items for our meeting which will keep you informed, energized and inspired. However, we can't do all the work on our own. We need your help to make our contributions to convention as successful as possible.

We mainly need your help at our annual business meeting, which will take place this year on Friday from 2:30-4:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, we need a handful of willing volunteers to help with registration and marshalling. There will be a few Board members who will be coordinating this effort, but the more people we have the more efficiently the process will run. The volunteers for registration will collect contact information and $5 dues from members. Our marshalls will use their loud and proud voices to direct conventioneers to our meeting. If you are interested in helping with either of these efforts, please contact any Board member and we will hook you up.

As you prepare for convention, we would also like you to consider how your unique talents could help MDABS in our work to help blind students live the lives we want. If you would be interested in serving on any of our committees, e.g. fundraising or public relations, please let us know at convention. We will be asking you at registration how you would like to get involved. Please think about how you could contribute and share your ideas with us.

We look forward to seeing many participants, many volvnteers and many ideas at this year's convention. See you in Towson!

Yours in the movement,

Your MDABS Board of Directors

Chris Nusbaum, Secretary
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Coordinator of Social Media, National Federation of the Blind of Maryland
Twitter: @Chrisn98, @MDMDABS, and @NFBMD

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people,  because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness need not hold you back." -National Federation of the Blind One Minute Message