[Mdabs] A Great Opportunity for Students!

Hindley Williams hbwilliams16 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:19:03 UTC 2015

Hello Fellow Students,
Below and attached, you will find a flyer detailing a very exciting
upcoming event centering around student legislative advocacy for
experts and novices alike. I encourage you to take a look and consider
attending. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions
about this event. You will find my contact info in my email signature
below.
Here is the text of the flyer:
2015 Legislative Leadership Workshop
Changing Lives through Laws

Are you passionate about shaping the future for blind students through
legislative initiatives? Are you interested in advocacy, but don't
know how to get started?
If so, join the National Association of Blind Students and the
National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut for an empowering and
interactive legislative workshop!

WHO: Any students who have an interest in legislative action.  Both
experts and novices are welcome and will benefit from this exciting
workshop.

WHAT: An afternoon of interactive breakouts, moderated discussions and
informative presentations that will provide you with the skills and
know-how that will prepare you to improve accessibility of technology
and educational opportunities for the blind by passing laws in
Congress.

WHEN: Saturday, November 7, 2015 from 1:00-5:00 p.m.

WHERE: The Holiday Inn,
35 Governor Winthrop Blvd.
New London, CT 06320

Interested? Act now!
Space is limited, and the NFB of CT has graciously volunteered to
cover the cost of registration, lunch and banquet dinner on the day of
the event for the first 20 registrants.
Hurry up and
http://goo.gl/forms/HLd0DC6RWF
register today
Don't miss out!!

Have questions? Get answers!
Email Sean Whalen at nabs.president at gmail.com or call 262 309-1034.

We hope to see you in Connecticut in November. Let’s build up
legislative leaders and build a brighter future for blind students
across America!

--
Hindley Williams
hbwilliams16 at gmail.com