[Mdabs] November Minute Message

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 2 13:58:13 UTC 2017

November 2017 Minute Message
Fellow Federationists:
10 Days To Towson!
I hope you are packing your bags and getting ready to go to our 51st
convention!  Read the agenda on the website, on newsline, or on the
listservs.  It is jam packed with events.  We will have three exhibit areas
this year. Make sure you get to all of the areas so that you don't miss any
of the vendors or services that will be in our largest exhibit hall ever.
Don't forget to bring door prizes. Remember your baked auction items and of
course bring money so that you can bid and participate in our crab race.
Please encourage folks to attend our low vision seminar, especially if they
are new to the federation or blindness.  Go to the Access Technology Around
the House workshop to learn about Amazon and Google products.  If you
participate in the student raffle you can win a "Google Home."  All of our
divisions will be having meetings.  For the first time in many years we will
have a meeting for blind entrepreneurs sponsored by the Maryland Association
of Blind Merchants.  They will have 2 interesting presenters Lisa Anderson
and Michael Dalto.  Be sure to read the listserv announcement for further
information.
If you forgot to preregister you may register at the convention.  The
important thing is to come!  See you at the Sheraton Baltimore North in
Towson November 10, 11, and 12.

Access to Health Care
>From November 1 through December 15 individuals who need health or dental
insurance for 2018 may purchase it on the Maryland Health Care Exchange.
Please visit  <https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/>
https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/ for more information.  There were
accessibility issues with this site in the past.  We would like to know if
these problem have been remedied.  Please send a message off list to me at
<mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net> nfbmd at earthlink.net and to Valerie Yingling
<mailto:vyingling at nfb.org> vyingling at nfb.org and tell us your experience.

NFB Rideshare Testing Program
If you use a service animal or are accompanying someone who does please fill
out a short form about your experience, each time you use Uber or Lyft.
Please go to  <https://nfb.org/rideshare-test%20>
https://nfb.org/rideshare-test to complete the survey.  Please give us
information about both good and bad experiences.  Spread the word, we need
information from every blind person whether they are a member of NFB or not.
Sarah Baebler is the Maryland coordinator for this program. If you have
questions email her at  <mailto:sbaebler at bism.org> sbaebler at bism.org.

Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596
blindness is not what holds you back.