[Mdabs] New Board, New Year, New Ideas: Have Your Voice Heard

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 01:22:13 UTC 2017

Good evening MDABS!

As we begin our newest term fresh off the heals of our state convention, it is time once again to come together and set our course for the year ahead.with a new executive board, Washington Seminar on the horizon, and a renewed drive to build the federation, there is much to plan and a lot to look forward to and we want all of you to be involved every step of the way.

This past year, the board has been feeling a little lonely all by ourselves every month, so we have decided that it is high time we make our monthly board calls totally open to the general membership! That means you. We want every one of you to be able to have your voice heard and help us make decisions and plan events and make MDABS into what you want it to be. This means that on the first Monday night every month at 7:30 PM, you are invited to join us on the MDABS conference line to share your ideas and take part in the discussion and decision making. Are you required to? Certainly not, but would be more than happy if you would join us as many months as you can to take part in holding up our division and bringing your ideas to the table.

Our board calls are where all of the action happens and the topics can include thinking up cool things to do at seminars and events, coming up with hashtags and social media projects, brainstorming on an awesome new thing to raffle off at conventions, and a whole lot more that you’ll have to call in to hear about! We need your help and we want to hear your ideas, so don’t be shy to show up and get involved.

Monthly calls take place on the first Monday of every month at 7:30 PM on the MDABS conference line, and announcements will be sent out via email and social media about every one of them including the call-in number, access code, and the  date and time, so keep an ear out for an announcement about the December call!

Hope to see you all there!

Ellana Crew
President, Maryland Association of Blind Students
443-758-7211
nfbmd.org/students
facebook.com/mdabs.federation
@MDABS_NFB

The Maryland Association of Blind Students knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind students because low expectations create obstacles between blind students and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.