[Mdabs] Three Items of Interest - Please read

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 18 14:01:18 UTC 2017

Hello all,

If you want further information about these items please contact the people
mentioned in them.

1.       If you would like to listen to a recording of the memorial service
for Tom Ley that occurred on September 8 please go to
<http://www.aisquith.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Ley_Memorial_Web.mp3>
Tom Ley Memorial
(http://www.aisquith.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Ley_Memorial_Web.mp3).
If you have any issues downloading or listening to the recording, please
send an email to  <mailto:techteam at aisquith.org> techteam at aisquith.org.  The
recording is of the entire service with the exception of the music performed
by the Maryland State Boy Choir.

2.      METAS will be throwing a fundraiser "Great Gatsby Black Tie Soirée"
on Saturday October 14th in DC. The goal of METAS is to work with blind
individuals in Mexico to help them gain independence. Find out more about
our work at  <http://metasinternational.org/> metasinternational.org  Judy
Heumann a disability rights advocate will be giving our keynote. We will
have a live jazz band performing. The lead of the band is 12 year old Jose
Andre, a world renowned jazz pianist. Find out more about him here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYhMk88DI>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYhMk88DI  We will have food and a cash
bar besides the amazing jazz music! We would love to have you attend and
spread the word about our event. The link to purchase tickets is below. Hope
to have you join us!
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-gatsby-black-tie-soiree-tickets-35329141
413?aff=eivtefrnd>
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/great-gatsby-black-tie-soiree-tickets-353291414
13?aff= If you cannot make our event you can donate here:
<https://www.gofundme.com/metas/> https://www.gofundme.com/metas/

3.      Minister Gregory L. Martin and Michele Hughes of the H.O.P.E.E.
Ministry (Helping Other People to Excel and Experience GOD) 2017 Men’s
Conference Call.   Theme: MOD Squad / Men of Demonstration.  This conference
ministers to the blind, visually impaired, disabled and enabled—all of the
Body of Christ.  Featuring Guest Speakers:  Monday, September 11, 2017 –
Gregory Martin, HOPEE Ministry Founder; Monday, September 18, 2017 –
Reverend Ray Rayzor of Sight & Vision Broadcasting Network; Monday,
September 25, 2017 –Howwin Carter, Pastor of Agape I/Way of the Cross
Apostolic Church, Bishop Alfonso D. Brooks.  If you want to be a Man of
Demonstration, join us!  The number for the free Men’s Conference Call and
for the Ministry’s weekly Monday meeting from 6 to 7:30 p.m. is 712.775.7035
and the Access code is 168598#. All services are recorded and can be heard 7
days a week 24 hours a day by calling 712.775.7039 and the Access code is
the same 168598#.
Upcoming Event in October:  2017 Women’s Conference Women of Word (W.O.W.)
-- More information forthcoming
Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596
blindness is not what holds you back.