[Mdabs] April Programming at the Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

LaShawn Myles -LBPH- lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Fri Mar 30 16:43:35 UTC 2018

 Hello All,
It was a pleasure meeting some of you at the MDPOBC breakfast and auction
on March 17th. For those I did not get the pleasure of meeting, I want to
introduce myself.  I am the youth librarian at the Maryland State Library
for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. It is my hope that I will get to
meet many of you in the near future.  If you have any questions, please
reach out. Additionally, I want to share all the library happenings with
you. If you've not done so, please visit our website for upcoming event
information. Below I have posted a few upcoming events in the month of
April.

Link: https://www.marylandlibraries.org/Pages/Maryland-Libra
ry-for-the-Blind-and-Physically-Handicapped.aspx

We also have social media accounts on Facebook (@mdlbph
<http://www.facebook.com/mdblph>) and Twitter (@md_lbph
<http://www.twitter.com/md_lbph>) where we post updates, information, and
more!

Enjoy,

LaShawn

*NASA Podcast in April *

A reminder about our April programming - we still have plenty of room in
our Live and Interactive Podcast by NASA. Please join us for this FREE
event.

Join us on Wednesdays in April at 10 am EST for a special podcast series
featuring NASA scientists and engineers sharing the incredible work being
done in Earth and Space Science.

Register here: https://nvite.jsc.nasa.gov/RSVP/?id=9se6r or by calling
410-230-2424 <(410)%20230-2424>, Option 5.

Podcast registration is capped at the first 100 registrants for each
podcast, but they will be streamed live for additional audiences at:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-gsfc

4/4/18: Our Solar System – Learn why NASA is studying the sun and hear
about some fascinating discoveries we’ve made through NASA missions.

4/11/18: Air and Water – Learn about NASA’s work studying Earth and how
NASA data impacts everyday life.

4/18/18: Satellite and Astronaut Communications – Learn how NASA’s Space
Communications and Navigation (SCaN) program helps bring NASA data from
satellites in space to Earth.

4/25/18: Working at NASA – Learn about NASA’s internship program and career
opportunities for blind and visually impaired individuals.

Fairy Tale Extravaganza at the Maryland Historical Society

Join us for the kick off of the 16th Annual Fairy Tale Festival: crafts,
magic, face painting, and lots of fairy tale fun for the whole family.
Dress up in your favorite fairy tale or festive outfit and get your photo
taken on our royal throne. At 12:00 p.m. join us for storytelling with
TAHIRA!

*Schedule of Events:*

*10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.* Free craft activities with our partners,
dress-up corner, free royal photos, live magic tricks by Magic Mike, early
learning area for children ages birth to five, plus free face painting

*12:00 p.m.* Storytelling with TAHIRA
<http://calendar.prattlibrary.org/event/storytelling_with_tahira#.WlKXqVXtypo>

*1:00 p.m. *Fairy Tale Ball with a live string quartet and dancing

*1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.* Free craft activities with our partners, dress-up
corner, free royal photos, live magic tricks by Magic Mike, early learning
area for children ages birth to five, plus free face painting

All events are at the Maryland Historical Society.

 Saturday, April 7 at 10:00am to 3:00pm

 Maryland Historical Society 201 West Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21201

*​Coming soon... Summer Reading Details!*

--

LaShawn Myles

Youth Services Librarian

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2455 <(410)%20230-2454> (office)

410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095> (fax)

lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
http://www.lbph.maryland.gov <http://lbph.maryland.gov/>