[Mdabs] Study Participants Needed

Melissa Lomax melissalomax1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:47:24 UTC 2018

Happy Wednesday!

Below, I have pasted information about a research study being
conducted at UMBC. Please read the description and contact the people
below for more information.

Best,
Melissa Lomax

Study Introduction:

Our collaborative research study team (at University of California
Irvine and University of Maryland Baltimore County) is seeking
participants for the study examining experiences of indoor navigation
among individuals with disabilities or aged over 60 (UMBC IRB -
Y19RK12016).  We are seeking to interview individuals who identify
with both visual and physical disabilities to identify their
experiences when navigating or planning routes.  The findings would
help us better understand ways in which navigational technologies
could be better designed to match the needs of a wider selection of
users. The interviews would last 60 to 90 minutes, conducted over
phone or Skype.  A small giftcard is also available for your
participation. If you would be interested in participating, could you
please contact Dr. Ravi Kuber at (rkuber at umbc.edu) or Ali Abdolrahmani
(aliab1 at umbc.edu).