[Mdabs] Writing Letters for Scooter Bill

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 22:35:30 UTC 2019

Hello all,

It is time to write letters concerning our e-scooter bill.  HB 1243 requires
ridesharing companies who rent e-scooters to provide tactile identification
for blind persons on each scooter.  The bill also requires companies to
create and maintain accessible websites and apps.  The blind should have the
same information that the rest of the public has and should be able to
communicate with the appropriate company.  These scooters are dockless and
operators leave them anywhere,  frequently blocking building entrances, bus
stops, sidewalks, etc.

Remember, if you email the delegates the email addresses are
firstname.lastname at house.state.md.us
<mailto:firstname.lastname at house.state.md.us> .  If you wish to mail a
letter, the address is House Office Building, 6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD
21401.  I will provide the room number next to the person's name below.

Everyone should write to Delegate Kumar Barve, Chairman, Environment and
Transportation Committee, Room 251.

If you live in Anne Arundel County, write to the following delegate:

              Mary Lehman, Room 317.

If you live in Baltimore City, write to the following delegates:

              Dalya Attar, room 317  (Thank her for sponsoring the bill).

              Regina Boyce, Room 316.

              Tony Bridges, Room 315.

              Melissa Wells, Room 315.

If you live in  Baltimore County, write to the following delegates:

              Jay Jalisi, Room 412.

              Stephen Lafferty, Room 303.

              Dana Stein, Room 251.

If you live in Montgomery County, write to the following delegates:

              David Fraser-Hidalgo, Room 223.  Note:  His email address is
david.fraser.hidalgo at house.state.md.us
<mailto:david.fraser.hidalgo at house.state.md.us> .

              Jim Gilchrist, Room 219.

              Sara Love, Room 210.

              Vaughn Stewart, Room 220.

If you live in Prince George's County, write to the following delegates:

              Andrea Fletcher Harrison, Room 204.  Note:  Her email address
is andreafletcher.harrison at house.state.md.us
<mailto:andreafletcher.harrison at house.state.md.us> .

              Anne Healey, Room 361.

              Marvin Holmes, Room 364.

              Mary Lehman, Room 317.

Thanks for your help.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.