[MDABS] September TUG Meeting

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 18 19:46:30 UTC 2020

Hello All,

Please help spread the word about the TUG program on September 12. The
featured speaker will be longtime federationist J. J. Meddaugh from A T
Guys. He will be giving a demonstration of the BlindShell Mobile Phone. This
phone was featured in the March Edition of the Braille Monitor called "The
BlindShell: An Accessible Cell Phone With Real Buttons" by Curtis Chong. Get
direct answers to your questions and more.

Read the message from the Library below:

On Saturday, September 12, the Technology User Group is pleased to welcome
J. J. Meddaugh, who will be giving us a virtual demonstration of the
BlindShell mobile phone.  This phone is designed for the blind, having a
flip phone design with some smartphone capabilities.  Those who would
benefit the most from this demo will not receive this email, so it is
imperative that you spread the word to your friends and family.

J. J. Meddaugh from  <http://atguys.com> atguys.com is one of the frequent
hosts of the Blind Bargains Podcast.

The presentation will be virtual and may be joined by calling 319-527-4994.
You do not have to RSVP for this event.

The presentation will begin at 10 AM and last about 60 minutes.

We look forward to meeting with you virtually on Saturday, September 12th,
and hope that you will join us for other exciting events we have planned
throughout the year.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.