[MDABS] Important Voting Information

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat May 16 17:28:00 UTC 2020

Hello All,

It is time to make our voices heard by voting in the June 2 primary
election.  If you want to know all of the candidates who are running for
President, and all the local candidates such as Board of Education, judges,
etc., go to the Maryland Channel of NFB Newsline and look up the appropriate
sections for your location.

There are three ways to cast your ballot.  First, you can get assistance and
fill out the ballot that you received in the mail.  Remember, you must sign
this ballot and it must be postmarked on or before June 2.  If you put it in
the mailbox on June 2, you have to make sure that it is picked up because it
may not be postmarked in time.

The second method is to request an accessible absentee ballot online.  Go
to: https://elections.maryland.gov/index.html and find Request a Ballot
which is 2/3 the way down the Home page, that will bring you to Voter
Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Form.  This form requires you to
fill out a lot of information and is multiple pages.  One of the things you
must know is the number on your state ID and when it was issued.  You will
receive the ballot in an email.  You may fill the ballot in online. However,
you must print the ballot, sign it, and put it in the mail.

The third way to vote is in person.  Since limited polling places are in use
you must look up the polling places for your area on the state board of
elections site or contact your local board of elections for this
information.

Let us know your experience with in-person voting.  As you know, we have
been working very hard to protect our right to a secret ballot.  To help us
protect this right we need your information and we need you to vote.

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.