[MDABS] Free Food! Join Us on May 11 for a Virtual Dinner

Bridges Help Desk helpdesk at imagemd.org
Wed Apr 28 20:29:01 UTC 2021

May 11 is National #EatWhatYouWant Day, and that’s what we plan to do!
In this Bridges Helpdesk Outreach activity, participants will get
together in a Zoom room and discuss how to use meal delivery services,
such as DoorDash, UberEats, and GrubHub.
Next comes the fun part: each participant will receive a gift card
code to UberEats for $35 via email. We will order our meals together
and share a great dinner virtually!
While we wait for our food to arrive, we will visit with one another.
How are things going? Any plans for summer? What did you order for
dinner?
As the food arrives, conversation will continue. Participants may
share about the ordering and delivery processes—what was good and what
could be improved. Bridges Helpdesk staff will be in attendance
throughout, but the evening belongs to the participants.
Where and When: Join us on Tuesday May 11 from 5-7 PM on Zoom. Once
you register, you will receive the Zoom link to participate.
Who: Blind and low vision individuals ages 14-21 are eligible to attend.
Space is limited, so fill out this Google Form early to register:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScod4dHrBXOCyclgmmQO091I6Lfst71nI4qfdDINgb8UwntDA/viewform?fbclid=IwAR0iTBKcPhHGkN-y0dj3W_kAsz32kvBhWKydO6MT5tU2xRBf99UbJmyW8Bk
We hope to see you there!

--

*Free Helpdesk for Maryland Blind/Low Vision Transition Students, Families,
and Educators *

Bridges Project: Bridging the College Completion Gap for Blind/Low Vision
Students in Maryland

*Check out our website <https://imagemd.org/bridges-help-desk>*

*Send us an email <Helpdesk at imagemd.org>*

*Text*: Send to *(410) 305-9199*

*Voice mail: (443) 320-4003 [*leave a detailed message and we will return
your call]

*Contact us through our accessible webform
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfucdh9JELV4Q8UkANgjStQUSwJcWys-JjWtcQ4wc8QWkk7Ew/viewform>*

*Like our Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/Bridges4MarylandBlindLowVisionTransition> *

Follow us on Twitter @BridgesHelpdesk <https://twitter.com/BridgesHelpdesk>

*Subscribe to our YouTube channel
<https://youtube.com/channel/UCtwRTbjHK0BjqqH-j5dyH3g> *

Tap into our Instagram feed <https://www.instagram.com/bridgeshelpdesk/>

This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of
Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a
grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special
Education/Early Intervention Services.