[MDABS] You're Invited! Join the Bridges Helpdesk for Convention Season!

Bridges Help Desk helpdesk at imagemd.org
Thu Jun 24 20:29:10 UTC 2021

Hi All,
In honor of this year’s Summer Olympics, we’ll host “Convention
Triathlons,” where the Free Bridges Transition Helpdesk will gather
Maryland transition-age students together to enjoy the Annual
Conventions of two national blindness consumer groups: the National
Federation of the Blind and the American Council of the Blind.
Each Triathlon will consist of three meetings: one before, during, and
after each Convention
·       We will preview what to expect and share what activities we
are looking forward to
·       During the Convention, we’ll touch base and find out how it’s going
·       Afterwards, we’ll gather again and debrief
Bridges Helpdesk staff and members of each organization will
facilitate these meetings
After the final meeting, we will send “medals” (gift cards) to
Maryland transition-age participants, based on the number of Bridges
Helpdesk Triathlon meetings attended (gold =  three meetings attended
(highest gift card value); silver = two meetings attended; and bronze
= one meeting attended (lowest gift card value).
·       NFB Convention: “Stronger Together: Transforming and Unifying
Our Future,” to be held July 6-10, 2021
Dates and times for Bridges NFB Convention Triathlon:
§  Preview meeting on June 29, 2021 at 7:00 PM Eastern
§  Mid-point meeting at July 8, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern
§  Debrief meeting at July 14, 2021 at 7:00 PM Eastern
Register for Bridges Triathlon at the NFB Convention here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xax-_sc8Dbzf_ZM3BZ3Cgo9EiJFyTNlfYrKF6bv3cBo/edit?usp=sharing
·       ACB Convention: “Better Together Wherever We Are,” to be held
July 16-23, 2021
Dates and times for Bridges ACB Convention Triathlon:
§  Preview meeting on July 15, 2021 at 7:00 PM Eastern
§  Mid-point meeting at July 19, 2021 at 7:00 PM Eastern
§  Debrief meeting at July 27, 2021 at 7:00 PM Eastern
Register for Bridges Triathlon at the ACB Convention here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aKWzJVrO9Z87ohcMeMObtLJ-3uJGyKvePIvf7afPsDQ/edit?usp=sharing
We hope to see you there!

--

*Free Helpdesk for Maryland Blind/Low Vision Transition Students, Families,
and Educators *

Bridges Project: Bridging the College Completion Gap for Blind/Low Vision
Students in Maryland

*Check out our website <https://imagemd.org/bridges-help-desk>*

*Send us an email <Helpdesk at imagemd.org>*

*Text*: Send to *(410) 305-9199*

*Voice mail: (443) 320-4003 [*leave a detailed message and we will return
your call]

*Contact us through our accessible webform
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfucdh9JELV4Q8UkANgjStQUSwJcWys-JjWtcQ4wc8QWkk7Ew/viewform>*

*Like our Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/Bridges4MarylandBlindLowVisionTransition> *

Follow us on Twitter @BridgesHelpdesk <https://twitter.com/BridgesHelpdesk>

*Subscribe to our YouTube channel
<https://youtube.com/channel/UCtwRTbjHK0BjqqH-j5dyH3g> *

Tap into our Instagram feed <https://www.instagram.com/bridgeshelpdesk/>

This unique project is being coordinated through The IMAGE Center of
Maryland, a center for independent living in Towson, and it is funded by a
grant from the Maryland Department of Education Division of Special
Education/Early Intervention Services.