[MDABS] MD LBPD Youth Digest 2.1

LASHAWN MYLES -MSL- lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Tue Feb 1 21:48:17 UTC 2022

Hello Readers,
There are some great things happening.  In this digest, you will learn
about upcoming programs and services that may be of interest to you.  Read
below to learn more about:

   - NLS Aspiring Leaders Internship Program
   - "Read for a Better World" Winter Reading Wrap Up
   - Upcoming LBPD Youth Programs for February

*NLS Aspiring Leaders Internship Program*
The National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS),
supported by the National Library for the Blind Endowment, sponsors a paid
internship that offers legally blind individuals the opportunity to gain
work experience and explore career options working in the areas of
collections building, program delivery, and business oversight and
management. Application details can be found at
www.loc.gov/nls/about/internship-program. The deadline for the Summer 2022
session is March 1. All interns will work remotely.

*"Read for a Better World" 2022  Winter Reading Wrap Up*
Thank you to all who participated in the "Read for a Better World" Reading
Challenge. This challenge encouraged our readers of all ages to explore
diversity, empathy, and action through literature.  Our library read 4,716
minutes for the month of January.  Thank you again to all who
participated.

*Audiojack Youth Event Round II *(Youth ages 8 -13)
When:  February 19th
Time: 12:00 p.m (noon)
We are doing it again, but this time for our younger patrons!  Bring your
headphones or turn up your speakers and get ready to engage with your
imagination.  Come and learn about Audiojack <https://www.audiojack.com/>.
Participants will be exposed to this app and get a chance to unlock all its
content for free!  Register using the following link:
 https://bit.ly/3Hl4n21 <https://bit.ly/3Hl4n21>
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the event.

*Join the Teen Advisory Board (TAB) *Teleconference*
*February 23rd @ 5 p.m. *
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) consists of a group of teens (Ages 10 - 17)
who are interested in making a difference in teen services and programs at
the MD LBPD library.
What are the specific activities of teens who serve on the TAB?

   - Plan and promote youth library programs/ services @ MD LBPD
   - Make suggestions for ways to promote the collection
   - Assist with library programs for children or teens
   - Meet and work with other youth

To learn more, join the TAB drop-in via teleconference on February 23rd
 from 5:00- 5:30 p.m.
No registration is required.
Dial-in number (US): (319) 527-4994

Happy Reading,
LaShawn
--

LaShawn Myles

Youth Services Librarian

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2455 <(410)%20230-2454> (office)

410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095> (fax)

lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Click here
<https://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSL&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three question customer experience survey.

*Follow us on Social Media!*

   - Facebook - MDLBPD <https://www.facebook.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Twitter - MDLBPD <https://twitter.com/MDLBPD/>
   - Linked In - Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled
   <https://www.linkedin.com/company/64623671/admin/>
   - Blog- https://mdlbpd.blogspot.com/