[MDABS] Seeking Those Interested in KJ Leadership In Service Program Cohort 2

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Wed Jun 19 22:39:22 UTC 2024

Hi Federation Family,

The NFB is seeking dynamic individuals for its second cohort of the Kenneth
Jernigan Leadership in Service Program.  Affiliate presidents recommend
individuals for the program, and I'm asking folks who are interested in this
fabulous opportunity to contact me by July 10, preferably via email.  I can
only recommend two individuals, and I am not a deciding official, but my
recommendation, and every affiliate president's, carries significant weight.
I plan to conduct an interview of interested individuals between July 1 and
12, including at convention.

 The Kenneth Jernigan Leadership-In-Service Program is a unique opportunity
tailored specifically for blind individuals who aspire to become leaders
within the organized blind movement. Over the course of one year, chosen
individuals will experience a comprehensive training curriculum that blends
in-person and virtual learning to provide a holistic leadership development
experience.

Interested individuals should contact me directly and should present me with
a written essay or audio/video recording giving me a pitch for why they
should be considered and what they hope to achieve. This is a leadership
training opportunity that should not be taken lightly. We are interested in
identifying candidates who will help us build the program through active
participation with an open mind and a willingness to provide helpful
feedback.

Note: Your ongoing service to the organization does not require you to serve
in an elected office, and it could include a desire to be actively employed
in areas that directly impact the quality of life of blind people,
especially if you are interested in pursuing leadership in administrative
roles in education, rehabilitation, policy, etc.

In order for an individual to be considered for participation, they must
affirm that they:

*	Have a fundamental understanding of the NFB
*	Have attended at least one national convention
*	Have attended one or more state affiliate conventions
*	Ideally serve, or have served, in an elected position in a chapter,
affiliate, or division
*	Commit to participate in three in-person sessions (travel and
lodging provided)
*	Commit to participate in nine virtual monthly sessions (computer and
internet access required)

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110