[Mdpobc] Fw: need help on IEP

Kyle Richmond Kyle.Richmond2009 at comcast.net
Sun May 2 21:39:30 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Kyle Richmond
To: mdpobc at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 10:12 AM
Subject: RE: need help on IEP

I am looking for help from any parents who have a child with cortical blindness.  (My own son is blind but he does not have cortical blindness.)  I am in the process of helping a friend with her daughter's IEP.  Her daughter is 3 years old, also has Cerebal Palsy and is cortically blind.  I am concerned, after reviewing the child's IEP, that the objectives and goals under vision are not appropriate for a child with, specifically, coritcal blindness, which is different than other types of blindness.  Is there anyone who can suggest to me appropriate "vision" goals and objectives for a 3 year old with cortical blindness??
Thanks!
Jill Richmond