[Mdpobc] researcher inquiry.

Watson, Bob BWatson at nfb.org
Wed Nov 3 16:14:12 UTC 2010

This came to me unsolicited. If you want to participate, please do so.
BOB

To whom this may concern,

I am currently working on my Master's Degree  and I am researching
assessment tools with a focus on the visually impaired child.  I am
currently working with the 0-3 age range in Special Education and have
been researching assessments and the needs of young children with
emphasis on Prematurity and how this may increase the number of visually
impaired children within the State of California, USA.

I will be creating a survey to further my research findings and would be
honored if you would be willing to participate in my survey.  My survey
will be web-based from survey monkey.com so my results from those who
choose to participate can be assured confidentiality.

I am curious about your thoughts on the Oregon Project, as one who
currently uses the Battelle Developmental Inventory 2nd Ed. a
standardized tool and have used other criterion referenced tools such as
the Carolina (my personal favorite), and Hawaii Ed. Learning Profile
(HELP).  I have recently procured the Oregon Project for our school site
and see the benefits of utilizing a tool geared towards this population,
however I do have some reservations when needing to determine
appropriate placement services for these children when they age out of
our program and begin Part B of IDEA.

I greatly appreciate your time and study on this issue, I am including
both my school email and my student email account below.

Have a great day,

 Mary Donovan

Special Educator

Madera County Office of Education: