[Mdpobc] Please post to the list - Thank you!

Melissa Bourn melissa at 4dewitt.com
Thu Apr 28 15:08:52 UTC 2011

Is your blind or low vision student or child struggling with using a
computer?  Do you wish you knew more about assistive technology so that you
could offer guidance and support?  De Witt & Associates, nationally known
Assistive Technology trainers, teaches hundreds of blind and low vision
individuals per year. Based on our experience, we have built two classes for
parents, teachers, aides, co-workers, disability service providers, in fact,
anyone who is eager to be a resource for a blind or low vision computer
user, but is not visually impaired themselves.

Classes include:

Introduction to Screen Readers/Magnifiers

Subjects include:

.        What is a screen reader or screen magnifier?

.        Basic Reading Keystrokes

.        Screen Reader/Magnifier terminology

.        Learning to listen

.        How to get Help when you need it and more....

Advanced Screen Readers/Magnifiers

Subjects include:

.        How to get an overview of a Web page

.        Doing Internet research

.        Downloading books

.        What to do when a web page does not work well with a screen
reader/magnifier

.        Customizing reader/magnifier settings and more....

These classes are delivered using remote access software, pc-to-pc. You will
need to have a working Internet connection. You will be working with a live
trainer, who can answer your questions and help build your skills and
confidence as a computer resource. Each class is 2 hours long and is priced
at $179, which includes a handout package for future reference.  The class
is scheduled at a time and date that is convenient for you and the trainer.
You are under no obligation to take both classes, though we recommend a
basic Assistive Technology understanding if you would like to take the
Advanced class.

We know you want to help - let us give you the tools to do so. Look into it
today by calling Melissa Bourn at De Witt & Associates at 201/447-6500
extension 211 or emailing her at melissa at 4dewitt.com for more information on
who we are and how we have been opening windows of opportunity for Blind and
Visually Impaired individuals since 1989.

Offering the best in Accessibility Training and Support

Melissa Bourn

Director, Sales and Marketing

De Witt & Associates

700 Godwin Avenue, Suite 110