[Mdpobc] Band Class Books

dpws at aol.com dpws at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 02:50:33 UTC 2011

Trudy,

I am going to forward this message on to my son, David Rissling, who is a music therapy major at the University of Alabama.  He may be able to give you more insight into learning the braille music code as we found must TVIs did not have a lot of experience with braille music and were learning as they went along when he was in school.  He also has computer software that he uses to create print music for his teachers and that can scan print music and convert to braille.  Lastly, he has several contacts on where to get music transcribed into braille as he needs it for all of his theory and repertoire classes.  He will be home during the summer beginning around May 10 and may be willing to help the student learn the braille music code depending on location.  He has been thinking about contacting MSB, BISM and the NFB to see if they would be interested in him teaching a summer class in braille music to any of their students seeing as he needs a summer job to earn some tuition money.  Please let us know if the family may be interested.  Thanks!

Cherlynn Venit