[Mdpobc] FW: New program for print/braille books for preschool

Trudy Pickrel tlpickrel at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:55:16 UTC 2012

Good morning again

I am sending you information about a new program ( just launched last week) that makes print/braille books available free
 to preschool ( age 5 and below).  Parents or guardians must sign up for the program.  Please share this information with appropriate lists.

To read the whole story go to

http://www.aph.org/dolly-partons-imagination-library/

To summarize:

APH Endowment Makes Free Braille/Print Books Available for Preschool Children

Dolly Parton's Imagination Library (DPIL) in partnership with APH has provided many Imagination Library books in a digital audio format for young children who are blind and visually
 impaired. Now, five titles each year will also be available in print/braille format. The titles selected from the current year's list of DPIL books published by Penguin Group, are those most appropriate to translate into braille. Two hundred copies of each
 title will be made. The books will be provided free-of-charge to families.

This year's print/braille titles include:

·
Old Bear and His Cub

·
A Mud Pie for Mother

·
My Lucky Day

·
Read to Tiger

·
Llama Llama Misses Mama

Since the purpose of this program is to promote early literacy in the home, applications should be made by parents or guardians rather than schools. Please help us spread the word.

To read about the application process for the free books visit
 the DPIL website.

Good morning Ms Pickrel:

We will send a small door prize—a gift basket with a print/braille book, tshirt, and a couple other small items.  I don’t think we have enough of anything that we can give something for each
 backpack.

Where should we mail the items?

Roberta

Roberta Williams, 502-899-2357