[Mdpobc] FW: Maryland Parents of Blind Children's Family Picnic

Trudy Pickrel tlpickrel at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:05:40 UTC 2012

 Direction to Auth park  at bottom of page.  Come one come all !!!

Maryland Parents of  Blind Children
Cordially invites:
·      All parents, grandparents, and siblings of blind children·      Educators of Blind children·      Others interested in promoting a climate of opportunity for blind childrento aMaryland Parents of Blind Children Family Picnic (menu:  Hamburgs, Hot Dogs, everyone bring Covered dish)paper products provided by MDPOBCand aBeep Baseball, Games, Back to School Supplies  Saturday, Aug. 25, 20122:00 - 7:00p.m.Auth Village Park6111 Baxter Dr, Camp Springs, MD 20746       Please respond to Trudy at 301-501-1818 or e-mail:  tlpickrel at hotmail.com to let us know that you are coming (So we know how much food to have on hand!) Maryland Parents of Blind Children goal is to help blind/visually impaired children grow up to be productive, fully functioning, and independent members of society by providing practical information to their parents and teachers.  We are also dedicated to providing ideas, assistance, and information that will help blind/VI children with additional disabilities reach their potential.  Direction:   Belway I-95/495 Exit #7A (Branch Avenue North, Route 5 toward Silver Hill). follow Branch Avenue to a right on Auth Road, Follow past Beltway underpass, turn right onto Morris Avenue- follow to picnic areas (intersection of Morris &Baxter). OR Beltway 1-95/495 Exit #7B (Branch Avenue South, Route 5 towad Waldorf). Left on Allentown Road, Left on Auth Road, left on Morris Avenue to park at end of road.
Trudy L. Pickrel
President MD Parents of Blind Children
www.tlcbythelake.weebly.com
http://mdparentsofblindchildren.org/
Our independence comes from within. A slave can have keen eyesight, excellent mobility, and superb reading skills?and still be a slave. We are achieving freedom and independence in the only way that really counts?in rising self-respect, growing self-confidence, and the will and the ability to make choices. Above all, independence means choices, and the power to make those choices stick.

Kenneth Jernigan

 www.nfb.org