[Mdpobc] K-12 Braille Readers are Leaders

Trudy Pickrel tlpickrel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:36:28 UTC 2012

Here is news from our national office of the NFB:
Looking for information about the K-12 Braille Readers Are Leaders program?  This year marks the 30th anniversary of the
 K-12 Braille Readers Are Leaders program. To  celebrate 30 years of success, later this fall
 we will be expanding the program and launching Braille Readers Are Leaders 360: A Community of
21st Century Braille Readers­the first-ever accessible online community for children who
 read Braille! The Braille Readers Are Leaders 360 (BRL360) online community will provide a
safe place online where Braille readers in kindergarten through twelfth grade can share
 their literacy experience through: online discussions about their favorite books, book
 trailers, live author chats, videos of themselves reading Braille, and much more!
 Continuing with the Braille Readers Are Leaders mission, BRL360 will promote a pride in Braille
and a joy of reading among blind children all year long. Stay tuned for more information
about the expansion of our K-12 Braille Readers  Are Leaders program. Contact us with your questions at:BRL360 at nfb.org or 410-659-9314, extension 2418.

Trudy L. Pickrel
Maryland Parents of Blind Children
www.mdparentsofblindchildren.org