[Mdpobc] Fundraiser Campaign for SMART Brailler

Kyle Richmond Kyle.Richmond2009 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 23 23:18:34 UTC 2013

Has the school said this child would benefit from a Perkins Smart Brailler and/or needs a Smart Brailler to participate at school?  If so, why is this parent having to pay for this device herself?  Shouldn't the school be paying for this?  I don't know enough about this situation to make suggestions but just want to ask these questions!  Finally, parents of very young blind children, try not to set a precedent that you will pay for everything, let the school provide for what it legally needs to provide under the IDEA laws.
Jill Richmond
PS - the Perkins Smart Brailler does look super-cool, love the new technology and the T-shirt is adorable!