[Mdpobc] FW: [Greater-baltimore] Share Your Story with NFBMD!

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Sep 16 15:33:45 UTC 2014

Hello parents,
We are in definite need of personal stories for our NFBMD website. Melissa's message below sums up what we are looking for, but I would add that having stories from a parent's perspective--whether that parent is blind or sighted--would be very powerful. And/or, having stories from our blind children would be wonderful as well. Maybe you, as a parent, can relate an experience of helping your blind child do something independently for the first time. Maybe you can share a story about an interaction with the public--great or not so great--that taught you and your child something about what it means--and doesn't mean--to be blind. I know all of you have stories in your hearts, and I know all of you are passionate about helping to educate other parents about the joys, challenges, and triumphs of raising blind kids. Please take a moment to think about and write these stories.
Thanks,
Melissa