[Mdpobc] Letters of Support for Possible LBPH Grant

LaShawn Myles -LBPH- lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Fri Jul 13 20:31:58 UTC 2018

Hello MDPOBC,

The Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (LBPH)
is partnering with FutureMakers to bring an inclusive STEM family program
to Maryland rural public libraries. FutureMakers is a Maryland based
program that provides young innovators, parents, and educators the
opportunity to participate in hands-on, immersive learning with STEM
coaches.

To bring this excellent program to libraries in Maryland, LBPH is applying
for funding through a grant.  With support from this grant, LBPH will
collaborate with FutureMakers to plan, develop, and present a series of
innovative accessible STEM workshops to five regional library consortia.
Additionally, we will create accompanying curricula and offer training for
library staff that would benefit children, parents and caregivers.  To
complete our application, we are asking for letters of support from
families who live in the following counties:

·        Allegany

·        Calvert

·        Caroline

·        Charles

·        Dorchester

·        Frederick

·        Garrett

·        Queen Anne’s

·        Somerset

·        St. Mary

·        Talbot

·        Washington

·        Wicomico

·        Worcester

If you are willing to write a letter of support to bring this program to
your county, please email me at lashawn.myles at maryland.gov.  The deadline
for the grant application is just around the corner; therefore, all letters
will need to be returned to me no later than July 18th.

I appreciate your help in making this program happen.  Please do not
hesitate to reach out if I can answer any questions, provide additional
information, or even be of assistance to you and your family. With your
support, I truly look forward to bringing this program to public libraries
across the state.

Sincerely,

LaShawn Myles

--

LaShawn Myles

Youth Services Librarian

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2455 <(410)%20230-2454> (office)

410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095> (fax)

lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three question customer experience survey.