[Mdpobc] Maryland State Convention... Don't miss it!

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Wed Sep 12 15:50:23 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

It is time to register for the Maryland state convention, which will take
place November 9-11 in Ocean City, Maryland.

Why attend?

Workshops for families on Friday, a hospitality family dinner, and a special
parent lunch Saturday at noon.

An exhibit hall filled with the latest technology to explore.

A chance to work one on one with a blind cane travel instructor to gain tips
for working on travel with your child.

Activities for children of all ages both Friday and Saturday.

A reunion for all participants in the NFB BELL Academy, and a chance for
these students to appear on the convention agenda in order to tell all
attendees about BELL.

Sessions Saturday and Sunday filled with informative speakers.

A banquet Saturday evening with a keynote presentation, scholarships, and
more.

A chance for kids to learn all about blind hockey from a professional blind
hockey team.

A chance to network with other families with blind children. Strengthen old
friendships, and create new ones!

And, I am sure there is more! We are still in the planning process, so we
will pass along other details as they become available.

Please do the following as soon as possible to make sure you are able to be
with us in Ocean City. First, register using the following link.

http://nfbmd.org/convention/register

Please be sure to order a box lunch for Friday, as we will all be eating
together. Also,  purchase your parent lunch and banquet tickets. Make sure
to sign children 8 and under up for childcare. (children 9 and 10 are able
to be either in childcare, or they can participate in activities for tweens
instead.)

Speaking of tween and teen activities. If you have a child between the ages
of 9 and 18, please email Melissa Riccobono at

melissa at riccobono.us

so that we can plan for your child to attend tween or teen activities. We
need as accurate a count as possible, so make sure we know your child will
be joining us. Sighted sibblings are also welcome for these activities.

Finally, please reserve your hotel room by calling the Carousel Hotel at
410-524-1000.

As always, if you have questions, or need any type of financial assistance
in order to join us, contact Melissa Riccobono at 443-803-0266, or
melissa at riccobono.us

We want as many families as possible to experience convention and all it has
to offer, so we are happy to do what we can in order to make this possible.

Hope to see many of you in Ocean City!

Melissa

---