[MDPOBC] LBPD's January Youth Books: The Year of the Rat & Bringing in the New Year

LaShawn Myles -LBPD- lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Mon Jan 11 04:27:38 UTC 2021

*January’s Youth Featured Book*

Happy New Year!  Here are some great reads to start “*2021” *off in a
fantastic way!

·      *The Year of the Rat*

Author: Grace Lin

Medium     Braille

Book Number:  BR017688

*Annotation:  *Taiwanese American Pacy learns that the Chinese year of the
rat brings new beginnings. Some changes are hard--her best friend moves
away, a new Asian boy arrives at school, and her cousin gets married.
Sequel to The Year of the Dog (BR 16624). For grades 3-6. 2007.

·      *Bringing in the New Year*