[MDPOBC] Sad News!

president at nfbmd.org president at nfbmd.org
Sun Jan 16 02:55:45 UTC 2022

Dear Federation Family,

It is with an incredibly heavy heart that I share that Michelle Clark passed
away today.  Many of you know Michelle as a founding member of the National
Harbor Chapter.  She served for many years as the chapter president as well
as a member of the Board of Directors of the NFB of Maryland.  Michelle also
was well known for her beautiful and powerful voice and was a prominent
member of our national Performing Arts Division.  Michelle worked for the
"phone company" and shared hilarious stories.  Later, she became a 508
expert for the USDA.  Michelle's laugh was big and boisterous, and she
unleashed it often.

Michelle had several health complications in recent years.  In November
2021, she had a fall which doctors believe was due to neurological
challenges.  She went into the hospital in early November, and though her
health seemed to be improving such that she transferred to a rehabilitation
center this past Thursday, she succumbed today.

Her husband Jerome shared that she talked about the NFB often and was so
grateful to those of you who were part of her life.  Please keep Jerome and
the rest of Michelle's family in your thoughts and prayers.

We will share information about arrangements as soon as we receive them.

Yours,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President

Pronouns: she, her, hers