[MDPOBC] Announcing 2022 NFBMD John T. McCraw Scholarship Finalists

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Sat Jun 11 20:24:27 UTC 2022

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland is pleased to announce that
this year, four students have been selected as 2022 John T. McCraw
Scholarship finalists.  They will all be attending the NFB National
Convention in New Orleans and the NFBMD State Convention in Towson, so you
will have the chance to get to know them.  They will receive their NFBMD
scholarships of $4,000 each, at the state convention in November provided
they remain eligible.  We are thrilled with this year's scholarship class
and know you will be impressed as well.

The finalists are listed below:

Tyler Hoppe is a rising sophomore at Penn State University studying law and
politics.  Tyler Hoppe previously received an NFBMD scholarship and is a
member of the Western Maryland Chapter and the Maryland Association of Blind
Students.

Eunae Rodeheaver is an incoming freshman at Dequesne University, planning to
study musical performance.  Eunae is new to the Federation.

Kirin (Sai) Techawongtham is working on earning a Masters degree in
counseling from Johns Hopkins University.  Sai is a graduate of the
Louisiana Center for the Blind but new to NFBMD.

Jessica Wilson is an incoming freshman at Frostburg State University,
studying special education with a focus on teaching blind students.  Jessica
is a member of the Maryland Association of Blind Students and a member of
the NFB's Maryland Career Mentoring Program.

Congratulations to the finalists!

Yours,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President