[MDPOBC] Get 3 Free Braille Books Today That You May Keep

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:12:20 UTC 2022

Hello all,

Help Us Celebrate

The Friends of the Maryland Library for the Blind and Print Disabled needs
your help to celebrate the 30th anniversary of getting a new home to house
the library. The state of Maryland built a brand-new building for the
library on 415 Park Ave in 1992. In partnership with the American Action
Fund for Blind Children and Adults, we are offering any patron who is
interested three Braille books about children with disabilities that you
may keep. Learn about the exploits of a blind child, a child in a
wheelchair, and an autistic and nonverbal child who attend Mortimer Potts
Elementary School. Children and adults will enjoy such characters as Mitzi
Mufflin and her cane, Tappity as she navigates her way through the
challenges of becoming principal for the day. Let us know if you want these
books in  hardcopy Braille or in an electronic format to read on your
e-reader Braille display. Send an email to the library at
reference.desk at maryland.gov . The books will be awarded on a first come
first serve basis, so get your requests in quickly, but no later than
September 15, 2022.

Join the fun and continue the celebration! Come to the Friends annual
meeting to enjoy a presentation and meet the author of these books,
Elizabeth Cooper.