[MDPOBC] Read and Keep 3 Great Books!

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 15:56:35 UTC 2022

Hello all,
Here is your chance to get and keep 3 Braille books, either electronically
for use on your Braille display or e-reader or in hard copy Braille. Send
an email to the Library for the Blind at reference.desk at maryland.gov. Be
sure to tell them what format you wish, electronic or hard copy.

In partnership with the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults,
the Friends of LBPD is making these books available to any patron who
wishes them. We are doing this to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the
Library building on 415 Park Avenue, its current location.

These books are about children with disabilities. However, patrons of any
age will enjoy them. Learn about the exploits of Mitzi Mufflin and her cane
Tappity when she becomes principal for a day at her school. Find out about
how Bluebell Skinks: Wheelchair Kid enrolls in school. Discover how an
autistic, nonverbal kid like Morris Flip can learn to communicate and
become an effective leader. When you contact the library, just ask for the
books from Friends. Don't miss out! Contact LBPD by September 15.

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.