[MDPOBC] still time to sign up for STEM2U!!!

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com james.garret.mooney at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 16:39:42 UTC 2024

Saturday, May 4: NFB STEM2U

Join us at the National Federation of the Blind (200 E Wells Street,
Baltimore, Maryland 21230) from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 4.
We will become astronomers through the study of astrophysics and
engineering. Join us to build models of the James Webb Space Telescope,
learn about the Earth's atmosphere, discover why the Webb was sent to space,
and explore how it studies space. STEM can be accessible; let us show you
how! For more information, please contact Erin Zobell at
<mailto:erin.zobell at gmail.com> erin.zobell at gmail.com.

Parents are welcomed to stay and attend our parent seminar that runs
concurrent to the student track. We will be showing you a wide variety of
devices that can make science accessible, learning how to make science
accessible, and teaching families how to advocate for accessible science.

 <https://nfb.org/form/nfb-stem2u-application> Register for STEM2U now.

Garret

James G. Mooney, Esq

President, Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children

(480) 433-8003

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com