[Mi-abs] Mi-Abs Please help! Computer Issues

Michelle Medina michellem86 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:18:13 UTC 2009

Hi All,
There's no way to make this a short email. My question is: is there
anybody out there who can work on my computer?
I keep getting the Blue Screen error (7 times in 7 months so far).
It's a home built computer with Windows XP operating systems.
I've been in contact with an extremely long list of people. The
original guy who built it (he couldn't fix it, so I stopped going to
him). 3 Geeks, a local place here in Montrose, & the comission. No
help whatsoever.
I've heard that the NFB will help you get a new computer, but my
computer is only a year & 5 months old! Not to mention the fact that I
haven't paid off the loan I got from the bank to get said computer in
the first place.
I did get in touch with Mike Ellis, but he said I should take it back
to the original guy. Apparently he was in a hurry, because I didn't
get the chance to explain that I was working with the original guy
from Febuary to July & was paying him $200 a pop to figure out
absolutely nothing! That's why I took it to 3 Geeks instead. The DVD
driver that appeared to be the problem is gone now, taken out of the
computer completely, however I'm still getting the blue screen error I
mentioned above.
If anyone can help me, I'll drive where ever I have too, do whatever I
have too. At this point, I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to say that
I don't need a computer at all & toss this one into the fire! (sigh)
When technology works, it's the best thing ever! When it doesn't,
well, I won't go there.
Thanks for anyone who reads this in advance,
Michelle