[Mi-abs] Draft MABS Minutes September 12

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Mon Sep 13 00:13:45 UTC 2010

Michigan Association of Blind Students
September 12, 2010
Meeting via telephone conference

Board members present: Matt McCubbin, Mike Torrez, Donna Posont, Melinda Latham, Jordyn Castor, J.J. Meddaugh

Others: Elizabeth Mohnke, Angie Moran,

Matt McCubbin called the meeting to order at 7:41 PM.
J.J. motioned, and Donna seconded to accept the minutes as presented.
The motion carried.

Imagination Grant
J.J. wrote a rough draft grant with input from Elizabeth and others. It was submitted by the September 1 deadline.
Melinda stated we were informed us last year around October if we won.

State Convention

J.J. needs to get the hotel rooms.
Kim sent out a draft agenda for state convention, and is soliciting feedback.

Melinda said the bridge walk was great, despite the weather.
Matt is still looking for agenda items.
J.J. will follow up with NABS on a rep.
Donna will write up something on the free convention rooms for the flier for Kim.

World's Finest Chocolate

Jordyn stated we can get cases of World's Finest Chocolate for $25 apiece.
Donna motioned, and Michael seconded that we buy two cases for convention.
The motion carried.

J.J. will talk to Blind Mice Mart about getting a talking thermometer for the Friday night raffle.
There's no further information on Kalamazoo's gun event.

Hats
We will sell them at state convention for $6 or two for $10.

No new news on the limo scavenger hunt.

Donna motioned to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:07.

Next meeting will be September 26 at 7:30 PM.

Respectfully submitted,
J.J. Meddaugh
Acting Secretary