[Mi-abs] MABS Conference call for 12/03/2017

Osman Koroma osman36d at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 22:03:03 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,
I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.  Just a reminder our
first Conference call for the 2017-2018 year will be tomorrow.  The
Agenda is below as well as the call in info.  Also attach is a program
we are working on.  I hope to see all of you there and I’m sorry for
the late email.  It won’t happen again.
Osman Koroma
MABS President

Conference call in line: 605-475-4333
Axis code: 902855#

12/03/2017, Confrence call
Agenda:
Row call
Advocacy: Rachel
ideas are One I remember Taylor
saying something about how she wanted videos or something like that
for the social media. So the idea that I came up with is doing a video
on advocacy
at the BSBP training Center. They focus a lot on advocacy and I think
that would be a good place to start. Then the other thing that I was
thinking of
is more of a fundraising thing but Western has a Goal Ball team and
has all of the equipment. So I thought that we could do a goal ball
Tournament and
have each team pay a little bit of money and we could play goal ball.
These are some of the ideas that I had.
Fundraising: Dakota and Hayley
Fundraising Idea 1:
One idea that we came up is for a possible fundraiser during the
Michigan Ski for Light event taking place from Friday January 12 to
Sunday January 14 2018.  One possible idea for the fundraiser is that
during the auction, there could be a 50-50 raffle where a portion of
the money goes to us as the NFB, another portion could go towards
MSFL, and another portion could go to the winner.  I have contacted
Kathy, the president of MSFL about the idea.

Fundraising Idea 2:
A second idea is that we could have an event at Camp T, and during the
event, we could have some sort of game night that could cost about $5
per person.  This is where everyone attending would bring a
blind-accessible game, which could be one of many types.  There could
be some sort of prize for the winner if we do something like a
tournament for certain games.  This would be a low-cost event and
might work out pretty well since we seem to play a lot of games at
Camp T events anyway.

Fundraising Idea 3:
Even though we might not get a lot of money from this idea too
quickly, it might help us quite a bit.  There are a lot of food banks
and what not around large areas, such as Flint, Kalamazoo, and other
large cities.  We could actually go and volunteer to help out these
organizations; a lot of them could probably use our help during the
holiday season and what not.  Even though we wouldn’t necessarily be
making money right away, this gets us out there as an organization.
It will also show the various organizations that we as blind
individuals can do things to help out the world.  After we get
ourselves out there and help the organizations, they might choose to
donate and help us as the NFB as well.
Hayley:
Selling to bring them to grandmas cookies. It’s a two pack of
chocolate chip cookies. We sell them for a dollar a piece. Each box
holds 60 packages. And
we make a profit of $.54 each package so what do you think?
Report from the state board liaison: Jeff
Website report: Taylor
NABS report: Elizabeth
Secretary report: Elizabeth
President report: Osman
2018 Washington Seminar
Opening an bank account
American Transportation in the 21st Century (Fred and Osman)
Ideas on events for 2018 )Osman(
New business, old business
Marry Christmas

--
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and
it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives,and he who

www.osmankoroma.com

www.facebook.com/osmankoromaauthor

www.twitter.com/osmankoroma