[MI-ABS] Teleconference Minutes January 12, 2020 - Action Required

Victor Marques therealvictormarques at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 21:59:30 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Attached are the minutes in PDF for January 12's teleconference. These
will be important to making banking changes, please read them and be
prepared to accept them as-is or suggest changes at our next meeting on
February 16th.

I will send out a Dropbox link in WhatsApp to these minutes later today.

Also, as discussed, please go to and read the following website (the
simpler URL we discussed at the meeting does not work, so use this one):

https://www.nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct

I need you to print, sign and scan back a copy of this to me by January
31.  Alternatively, given that this is not always technically simple to
do, I will accept an email, from your own email account, with the
following statement copied and electronically signed by inserting your name:

“As a paid member of the Michigan Association of Blind Students for the
2019-2020 membership year, I, [insert name here] certify that I have
read and agree to abide by the entire NFB Code of Conduct as posted on
https://www.nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct

on the date of this email, with respect to my involvement in all
business relating to the Michigan Association of Blind Students for the
remainder of the 2019-2020 membership yer"

Send to: victor.a.marques at wmich.edu

I will be printing these, along with the current code of conduct, as
proof that you agree. Since we voted this unanimously as a motion at the
last meeting, it is expected that all dues-paying members will sign this
by January 31. we will have to discuss what happens to those members who
have paid but not returned this agreement to me, at our next meeting.

Thanks and have a great weekend, everyone.

Victor Marques

MI-ABS Secretary