[MI-ABS] Project R. E. C. Results

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Sun Nov 21 21:42:32 UTC 2021

Howdy Students!

What an amazing week it has been. Now that the chunky one has recovered from convention last weekend and other Federation-related items, I wanted to provide the final report of the fundraising committee's convention campaign, Project R.E.C. Here are the standings:

Project R. E. C. Total Funds Raised: $2185

  1.  The Chunky Chargers - Robert Parsons ($1265 Raised)
  2.  The Navigators - KaShonia Graham ($320 Raised)
  3.  The Marauders/The Sparks - Mike Powell and Jennifer Kennedy ($300 Raised each)

This was an amazing fundraiser with some fierce competition among the donors and the fundraisers, especially during convention weekend when prizes were at stake. Speaking of prizes, let's congratulate our different prize winners:

  1.  Donna Posont (Wayne County Chapter) - Echo Dot Smart Speaker
  2.  Tyler Zahnke - Chocolate-Dipped Gourmet Strawberries and $25 Uber Gift Card)
  3.  Kashonia Graham (Greater Detroit Chapter) - Gourmet Chocolate Cheesecake
  4.  Mike Powell (NFBMI President) - Starbuck's Coffee Gift Bag
  5.  Jennifer Kennedy (BLIND, Inc.) - Starbuck's Coffee Gift Bag
  6.  John Scott (Greater Detroit Chapter) - $25 Visa Gift Card
  7.  Matt Gip (NFB of Minnesota) - $25 Starbuck's Gift Card
  8.  Justin King (Iota Phi Theta, Inc.) - Nintendo Switch Gaming Console and 55-inch Vizio Smart Television)

Folks, this could not have been achieved with all of your help. Thank you to all of the donors, fundraisers, external participants, and members that donated, shared, or contributed towards this endeavor. With over $2k pledged and donated, our affiliate will be prepared to join the work of the NFB of Illinois, Maryland, California, Georgia, Minnesota, and Louisiana in helping to create an interaffiliate sports and recreation league, where members can actively exercise with, compete against, and learn from each other as we continue to build the Federation and stay healthy. If you are a winner of a prize, please feel free to reach out via phone or at Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>. We are always looking for more help with our fundraising committee.

With Love,
Robert E. Parsons, Jr., M.A., CRC, CVRT, NCC
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: (804) 801-7674