[Micgdu] Developing a Resolution

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Fri Oct 11 19:11:31 UTC 2013

Christine, I have sent you the service dog statute for Michigan. Our President, Mr Posont suggested that you could help us word the resolution for change. There three points that I want to change. The first is the requirement to show ID. The ADA does not require it. Secondly, it refers to all indivuals as trainers. In fact, handlers and trainers are different folks. The trainer trains dogs and the handler uses them. And third, there is no provission for owner trained dogs. Some folks train dogs for themselves and they would not appear on the register that this statute refers to. Our National President will be also helping me with suggestions that I'll send along to you. I'm sort of new to this sort of thing but I guess I have to start somewhere! Thanks for your consideration, Larry d Keeler, Chairman of the Michigan Committee of Guide Dog Users.
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!