[Micgdu] Meeting with Delta

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 30 14:23:11 UTC 2018

Dear NFB & NAGDU Members,

                As most of you are aware, on January 19, 2018, Delta
Airlines announced new policies concerning emotional support and service
animals for their domestic flights, effective March 1, 2018. These new
policies would require individuals traveling with emotional support and
service animals to give Delta 48 hours notice prior to travel that they
would be accompanied by an emotional support or service animal, provide a
health certificate for the animal, and would restrict the availability of
curbside, kiosk, and online check-in, requiring those accompanied by such
animals to check-in at the customer service counter in order to present the
proper documentation for inspection. Upon receipt of this announcement, the
National Federation of the Blind contacted Delta Airlines to arrange a
meeting to discuss this policy.

                On Friday, February 2, Leaders from the National Federation
of the Blind and the National Association of Guide Dog Users will meet with
Delta officials at their Atlanta headquarters. We intend to work with Delta
to create and implement a policy more in keeping with the spirit of the Air
Carrier Access Act and its anti discriminatory provisions while creating
sound standard operating procedures to curb the abuses that are being seen
that create safety issues in the aircraft cabin. We will keep our membership
abreast of these negotiations through our various social media. We encourage
our members to join the discussions on Facebook, Twitter. Search for "NFB"
and "NAGDU" on Facebook and follow us at Twitter at the following

National Federation of the Blind

@nfb_voice

National Association of Guide Dog Users

@nagdu

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.