[Micgdu] Just introducing myself

Cassandra Damstra cassandradamstra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:00:46 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

My name is Cassandra (pronounced Cassondra) Damstra. I'm 26 years old and
have a 4-year-old standard poodle named Koda as my guide dog. I received
her from Pilot Dogs in Columbus, Ohio. I meant to make it to the meeting
tonight, however, I became caught up in a conversation with a friend from
Pilot and lost track of time. I thought it would be rude to be a random
person joining mid-call so I decided to write this instead.

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I was diagnosed with Optic
Nerve Dsyplasia soon after I was adopted from Paraguay as a young child. I
spent five years working as a medical massage therapist before returning to
school. I'm currently persuing a degree in Anthropology. Afterwards, I plan
on attending law school.

I only have one blind friend and she lives all the way in California while
I live in Michigan. I would love to make friends with other blind
individuals. I guess you could call me lonely.

I hope to become an active memeber in this community. Thank you for your
time.

Sincerely,
Cassandra Damstra