[Michigan-Youth-Outreach] Green Friday

osman koroma ozzie0514 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:35:36 UTC 2015

Green Friday

Hello,

Come and join us on Green Friday, November 27 from 10 am to 3:00 pm at
Woldumar Nature Center, 5739 Old Lansing Rd Lansing, MI 48917.

Okay, you ask, “what is ‘Green Friday?’”  Well, The NFB is changing
what it means to be blind, we are also changing what it means to be a
voice for calm
and peace.  We love deals.  We love gadgets and cool clothes.  We love
Santa.  If you also love peace, calm and Santa, the NFB has an
alternative for you:
Green Friday.

Come out to Woldumar and enjoy the peace of a wooded area and enjoy a
warm place to learn something about electricity and how those gadgets
that we all
love work..  If you are middle school or high school and want to learn
about solar electricity, how electricity is made and distributed, and
how to make
things using electricity that you can take home, come out and be our
guest for peace, quiet and learning with other blind and visually
impaired people
who also love gadgets, just not in the middle of a hoard of crazy shoppers..

Lunch and all supplies will be provided.

for further information
Contact Melinda Latham,
517-505-1637 or Melinda.latham at lansingschools.net
 Ozzie 616710-8536 or ozzie0514 at gmail.com