[Missouri-parents-network] 47th Annual NFB State Convention

Lisa Brandt craiglisa2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 00:54:33 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to post a note about our state convention held this past weekend in St. Louis.  As always, it was interesting, informative, and fun!
Doreen and Liz:  You gave such great presentations regarding Mission Believe from a parent perspective...that was really appreciated.  Doreen, you drove such a great distance in one day...wow!  Thank you both so much.
I think the kids really had a great time this year because our Columbia chapter President, Debbie Wunder, organized some cool activities for the youth.  To name just a few, the St. Louis Zoo brought an exhibit, which included snakes (yuck), an owl, and so many hands on skins and shells.  They danced the cha-cha- slide, and a good time was had by all.  Debbie's daughter, Abbie, took a lot of pictures throughout the weekend, so maybe she will share a few with us.
The Banquet speaker was Anil Lewis, Georgia affiliate president, and he was just outstanding.  The St. Louis chapter hosted a most amazing hospitality get together Friday evening, and I just can't imagine how many hours were put into making all that good food!
We all got to hear an overview of RSB by Mark Laird, Wolfner Library by Dr. Smith, and so, so much more!  If you have never been to an NFB State Convention, please try to attend one in the future!  You will be glad you did!
By the way, we ordered our free cane today.  Have you gotten yours?  It's easy.  Just go to NFB.org and click on "request a free white cane"
Is anyone else signed up for Youth Slam besides Sylvia?
Anyone new to this list, drop us a line and introduce yourself.  We'd all love to hear from you!