[Missouri-parents-network] Seedlings Braille Books for Children Adds New Books to Catalog

Julie Connoyer seedlink7 at ameritech.net
Mon Aug 3 20:36:23 UTC 2009

Seedlings Braille Books for Children is pleased to announce that a wonderful new group of books has just been added to our catalog, bringing the total number of titles available in braille to 1,000.
These books range from Print-Braille-&-Picture Books for toddlers and preschoolers like “Clifford’s Animal Sounds” and “Curious George at the Zoo,” to two-volume novels for teens and “tweens” (Newbery Honor Book “Elijah of Buxton” for example). And there are many great books in between (some “Magic Tree House” books and “Black Lagoon Adventures” among others).
Also, in honor of our new US President, we have added a biography of Barack Obama, and one about Michelle Obama!
To view a list of all the new books, please go to http://www.seedlings.org/whatsnew.php
To read about all 1,000 titles, you can go to www.seedlings.org and click on “Order Our Books & Gifts.”
The Seedlings 2010 Catalog will be available soon. You can download the textfile version from our website: www.seedlings.org  If you would like to receive a print copy in the mail, please send your name and address to: info at seedlings.org or call: 800-777-8552.
Seedlings Braille Books for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the opportunity for literacy by providing high-quality, low-cost children’s literature in braille. Volunteers, grants and donations make it possible for Seedlings to offer books at a fraction of the production costs, and prices have not been increased for 25 years!
“More than any other time, when I hold a beloved book in my hand, my limitations fall from me, my spirit is free.” –Helen Keller

Julie Connoyer
Community Outreach Coordinator
Seedlings Braille Books for Children
(734)427-8552 x301
(800)777-8552 x301
seedlink7 at ameritech.net
www.seedlings.org

"Placing a book in a child's hand is like planting a seed."