[Missouri-parents-network] Hello

Doreen Frappier dcfrappier at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 13:03:36 UTC 2009

Hi Lisa,
I did get your message. I had a busy night.  My daughter, Allison had parent-teacher conferences for middle school, a 4-H meeting, and basketball practice, ALL last night!

The boys are doing great in school, they are on the A Honor Roll in 8th grade. This year was tough at first, because both the boys chose to take Industrial Technology. The teacher whom we had spoken to last year about it seemed excited to have them in his class.  He left, and the 9th grade teacher took both 8th and 9th grade.  Well, this teacher really did not want them in her class, due to safety issues. After 3 meetings with her and going over the course outline, and our letting her know that the boys would do fine, she allowed them to be in her class.  I told her that their schedule had been made up for 8 months, and any issues should have been resolved before the start of the school year, and especially at the IEP meeting the previous May.  She finally agreed to allow them if they each had a paraprofessional to help them. That last meeting with her bothered me because the case manager set it up, supposedly with the teacher, and I walked into a room
 full of people without knowing in advance.  The case manager (new this year) invited the VI teacher, the assistant principal, herself, and the industrial tech teacher to the meeting. I later let her know that I did not like surprises, and that I needed to know in advance who was invited in the future, so I had time to prepare. Once we got that issue ironed out, it has been a very nice year for the boys.

Soccer season starts soon, and the boys are looking forward to it. They both play recreational soccer.  Matt is a very aggressive player.

My 16 year old son is driving, and plays football for the high school team.  This keeps him busy and out of trouble, because they work out after school almost the entire school year.

Doreen