[Missouri-parents-network] Fw: Nominations Needed for Current Vacancies

Doreen Frappier dcfrappier at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:47:48 UTC 2011

--- On Thu, 8/11/11, Miller, Regina <Regina.Miller at dese.mo.gov> wrote:

From: Miller, Regina <Regina.Miller at dese.mo.gov>
Subject: Nominations Needed for Current Vacancies
 "'tbcmom54 at hotmail.com'" <tbcmom54 at hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 11:32 AM

 A Joint Message from Doreen Frappier, Blind Task Force Chairperson and Dr. Stephen Barr, DESE Representative  Dear Blind Task Force Committee Members:At our August 2 meeting we discussed the critical need to fill the vacancies on Blind Task Force.  The agency notified districts of the vacancies using the SELS process but that notification resulted in only one application.  All members present agreed that more needs to be done.  The best strategy we could arrive at was for members of the Task Force to assist in getting more nominations.  Some of you have statewide contacts that would also be useful in helping ensure statewide representation.  Please review the vacancies below and try to identify one or more qualified people who could responsibly fill a vacancy.  For your convenience, we are providing the list of vacancies, the web-address for the nomination form and the web-address for the information about the Blind Task Force.   Thanks for
 any help you might be able to provide, and let us know how we might assist you.    Blind Task Force Nomination Form:http://dese.mo.gov/divspeced/Blind/documents/se-ep-btfnomform2011_july.pdf   Vacancies:* National Federation of the Blind (1)* Parents of blind or visually impaired students attending public school in Missouri (2) * School Building Principals (1)* Employers (1)* Institutions of Higher Education (1)* Current students (1)  More information about the Blind Task Force can be found at:http://dese.mo.gov/divspeced/Blind/literacy.html     Regina Miller | Administrative Assistant| Office of Special Education | 573-751-0187 | dese.mo.gov