[Missouri-parents-network] Fw: Missouri Miss Amazing Pageant

Doreen Frappier dcfrappier at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 15:34:41 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----

Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 9:55 AM
Subject: Missouri Miss Amazing Pageant

My name is Ellie and I am the director of the Missouri Miss Amazing Pageant. The Miss Amazing Pageant is a non profit organization dedicated to build confidence and self esteem in girls and young women with physical and mental disabilities. I saw that you are the co-founder for MOAFAA and was wondering if you could help me out. I am originally from Nebraska where the Miss Amazing Pageant was founded, and I have a brother who is mentally handicapped with autistic behaviors so I know how important organizations like this are for these kids. Being from Nebraska my contacts are limited and was wondering if you could help me spread the word about this life changing experience. I am looking for contestants ages 5-35. The girls compete in 3 areas of competition; evening gown, interview, and personal introduction, as well as an optional talent showcase. The only cost is 5 cans of food to be donated to s local food bank. I have been involved in Nebraska's Miss
 Amazing pageant for a few years now and these girls are incredible! They love to get dressed up and have their hair and makeup done. Each contestant will go home with a crown and trophy as well as new friends and a fun memory. I really hope you can help me out. For more information you can check out www.missamazingpageant.com

"It is often easier to become outraged by injustice half a world away than by oppression and discrimination half a block from home."  Carl T. Rowan

Sherri R. Tucker
Cofounder MOAFAA (Missouri Advocates for Families Affected by Autism)
Cofounder and President Lee's Summit Autism Support Group
autism at kc.rr.com