[Mn-abs] Action Alert: Early Morning Calls Needed

Jennifer Dunnam jennifer.dunnam at earthlink.net
Fri May 1 03:45:14 UTC 2009

MN Federationists:

We received this on very short notice, but if you can, please call the legislators listed below before 9:30 AM on Friday May 1.  Here's why:

The Environment and Technology Conference committee meets tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. to discuss their Omnibus Bill. Included in that is the TAM funded portion of SF1600/HF1744, the technology accessibility bill that we have been supporting.

The TAM part of the bill was separated on the Senate side. Senator Anderson took $100,000 out for OET to administer implementation of the bill. We need that money put back in to pass.  If not, the costs won't be covered.

Plese contact the conference committee members and urge them to put this provision back in the bill.

Tell the committee members: Please put the $100,000 for OET (Office of Enterprise Technology) back into the Technology Accessibility bill. It is needed to coordinate the development of procedures for adopting technology accessibility standards in the state.

Here are the committee members:
rep.jean.wagenius at house.mn   651-296-4200
rep.kate.knuth at house.mn 651-296-0141
rep.rick.hansen at house.mn 651-296-6828